International bestselling author, certified speaking professional and global behavioural and project expert, Todd Hutchison has worked in over 200 organisations with exposure to 21 countries. He is recognised in the Who’s Who of Business in Australia, and in the hall of fame for project management as a top 101 industry expert.
He leads three global enterprises: Peopleistic (including the Business Education Institute, and Film My Video), and the International Institute of Legal Project Management with training providers in 13 countries and certified lawyers in 47 countries, and the International Institute of Medical Project Management. He also resides as a Board Director of Leadership Western Australia.
Todd also resides as a executive of Perth commercial law firm Balfour Meagher and due to his specialist skills in broadcasting and being a police-licensed investigator, he undertakes criminal cases in digital forensics with Forensics Australia.
Todd holds fellowships with the Project Management Institute, the Australian Institute of Management, the Governance Institute of Australia, the Australian Institute of Management and Leadership Western Australia.
He won a world championship in music in Scotland as a member of the WA Police Pipe Band.
Todd has adjunct positions with Edith Cowan University and Curtin University, and has reached the level of adjunct Associate Professor, as well as teaching in the MBA program for the Australian Institute of Management (international business, strategy, project management and contract management) and in the Masters of Advanced Engineering at Curtin University (innovation and commercialisation).
Todd has qualifications in business, information technology, project management, contract management, education, coaching and engineering, criminology and legal project management, including a Master of Business Administration from Deakin University and a Master of Commerce from Curtin University. He was the first degree qualified in legal project management worldwide.
Todd is progressing a PhD in business-based behavioural science and a doctorate in forensic and legal project management.
Some interesting things about Todd:
- At the age of 12 years Todd was the State Go Boat (speed boat) Champion;
- At the age of 12 he partnered with Jon Marshall to establish the ‘Primary Post’ newsletter at primary school that attracted corporate sponsorship;
- At age 17, he started at TAFE night school while doing year 12;
- By the age of 17, he was managing five photographic studios for Studio Kevron, and became an awarded photographer;
- At the age of 18 he was playing percussion with the likes of James Morrison and Winton Marsalis while studying at the Conservation of Music (WA Academy of Performing Arts);
- At 20, he was recognised as the Most Outstanding Broadcast Student;
- He was a PADI Dive Master and use to work feeding sharks at AQWA (Underwater World);
- He was appointed as a Pilot Officer (WA Squadron AIRTC) he completed his officer training at RAAF Base Pearce;
- In 1995, he established the WA Squadron Air Training Corps (Air Force Cadets) Drum Corps that continues today;
- In 1997, he performed at the legendary Edinburgh Military Tattoo at the Edinburgh Castle in Scotland;
- In 1998, he won a World Championship (Grade 2) in Pipe Band Music with the WA Police Pipe Band after competing at the World Pipe Band Championships in Glasgow Scotland;
- In 1999, he returned to the World Pipe Band Championships in Glasgow Scotland in Grade 1;
- In 1999, he was awarded the Vice Chancellor’s Award of Excellence for his efforts establishing the Sarawak campus in Malaysia;
- In the early 2000s, he worked in the television industry with the likes of Michael Jackson, Sir Paul McCartney, John Farnham, Sir Bob Geldof, and Sammy Davis Junior;
- In 2002, he was awarded the Most Outstanding Masters Degree student and also recognised at the Most Outstanding Post Graduate Research at Curtin University;
- In 2008, he was recognised as a 40under40 business leader by WA Business News;
- In 2008, he became an awarded speaker with the Professional Speakers Australia (then the National Speakers Association of Australia);
- In 2009, he became a Wing Chun Kung Fu Instructor under Si-Gung Roger Smart, starting his studies at the age of 16. He also trained with Si-Gung William Chung (a senior student to Bruce Lee);
- In 2012, he appeared in the ACDC Thunderstruck movie as a police musician;
- In 2013, he became an International Bestselling Author after ‘Millionaire Motivators’ was published;
- In 2013, he became the first Australian to become a global Board Director on the Project Management Institute;
- In 2014, he achieved the status of a Bloomsbury author in London;
- In 2015, he achieved the Most Innovative Business award for Film My Video;
- He is recognised as a Global 101 expert (2015) and a world authority in Project Management;
- He has adjunct roles with Edith Cowan University (Medical and Health Sciences, and Business and Law) and Curtin University (Engineering and Science);
- In 2016, he was recognised as an adjunct Associate Professor by CQUniversity in the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, later also becoming an adjunct Associate Professor with Curtin University;
- He resides in the Business Hall of Fame of the Worldwide Who’s Who;
- In 2016, he was listed in the prestigious Who’s Who in Business in Australia;
- In 2017, he founded the International Institute of Legal Project Management that has trained and certified lawyers in 47 countries;
- He has worked with A-level global clients like Microsoft, Coca-Cola, SingTel, Sime Darby, Genting, Schenk Process, Deloitte, JP Kenny, Yara, Tecnicas Reunidas, Rio Tinto, BHP and Honeywell;
- He has reached the highest international level for a professional speaker as a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP);
- He is a Master Trainer in Extended DISC and a internationally accredited behavioural consultant;
- He is a Master Trainer in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP);
- He was the former WA President of Professional Speakers Australia (PSA) and the Project Management Institute (PMI);
- He has two masters degrees: MBA (Technology Management), and a Master of Commerce (Information Systems);
- He was both an academic Director (Health Technology Sciences) and general staff Director at Curtin University;
- He was a Director of Deloitte in the Perth consulting team;
- He was the inaugural Fellow of the Project Management Institute in Australia;
- He holds Fellowship status with the Australian Institute of Management, Leadership Western Australia, Australian Institute of Project Management, Governance Institute of Australia, and Project Management Institute (Australia);
- He completed the Yang Style Tai Chi system under the late 5th Generation Keeper, Master Fu Sheng Yuan, including weaponry forms;
- He has worn police, military and medical scrubs as uniforms;
- He was the first degree graduate in legal project management worldwide;
- He was the first Australian representative on the international Project Management Institute (PMI) Board of Directors, after earlier serving as the National Chairman and WA President;
- He was the first globally certified Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) and as a Medical Project Manager (MPM);
- He was educated by some of the global greats in the medical and mind sciences area, including Dr Edward de Bono, Prof Charles Watson, Prof Ian Rouse, Dr Douglas Price, Dr Bruce Lipton, Dr Joe Dispendza, Dr John Grinder, Dr Tad James, Dr Adrianna James, Dr Topher Morrison, Dr William Horton, Gary De Rodriguez, Colin James, Carmen Bostic St Clare, Joseph O’Connor, Chris Howard, Simon Sinek, Terry McClendon and Alan Parker;
- He featured in three musical CDs as a member of the WA Police Pipe Band;
- He has educated live audiences in Australia, America, England, New Zealand, Fiji, Singapore, Malaysia, Latin America, Spain, Egypt, Costa Rica, Denmark and Indonesia;
- He was awarded by Rotary as an innovator;
- He has won international business trade awards and leads three global companies with physical partners in 13 countries;
- He was written or featured in 11 publications, including leading publishers like Bloomsbury, Millionaire Books, Globe Business and Law and Ark Publications;
- He is an awarded distinguished Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management;
- Has over twenty tertiary qualifications in the areas of business, commerce, information systems, project management, legal project management, company directorship, coaching and education;
- He is a police licensed investigator, qualified in criminology, forensics, investigation and criminal psychology;
- He was worked on key homicide cases as a digital forensics practitioner; and
- Has worked in over 200 organisations and exposed to 21 countries.